HOMETOWN: Portland, OR
DATE OF BIRTH: January 6, 1987
COLLEGE: University of Nebraska
POSITION: Defensive Tackle
TEAM: Los Angeles Rams
- Suh has appeared on the NFL Network Top Players 100 list every year since it began in 2011
- Making an immediate impact for the Detroit Lions, Suh earned Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2010
- Suh was the second overall selection by the Detroit Lions in the 2010 NFL Draft out of the University of Nebraska, where he was a 2009 Heisman finalist and unanimous All-American
- Pro-Bowl (2010, 2012-‘14, 2016)
- Second-team All-Pro (2012, 2016)
- First-team All-Pro (2010-‘11, 2013-‘14)
- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2010)
- Pepsi Rookie of the Year (2010)
- AP Defensive Rookie of the Year (2010)
- AP College Football Player of the Year (2009)
- Outland Trophy (2009)
- Lombardi Award (2009)
- Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2009)
- Chuck Bednarik Award (2009)
- Unanimous All-America (2009)
OFF FIELD HIGHLIGHTS:
- Suh gave away backpacks to students at Booker T. Washington High School in Miami in September 2016 and joined forces with Pay Away the Layaway to purchase clothing for families in need during the 2016 holiday season
- The Real-Life Ballers on Ballers – The Undefeated
- Ndamukong Suh Didn’t Mean to Hurt you – GQ
- Ndamukong Suh’s Retirement Plan: Real Estate, Tech and Restaurants – Forbes
- Ndamukong Suh Talks Health & Fitness – Men’s Fitness
This week, Roc Nation Sports players are participating in the NFL’s "My Cause My Cleats” initiative. Read below to learn about the causes they are supporting:
"Where I’m from in New Orleans, crime is too common. It hurts so many innocent families on a daily basis. Seeing the youth affected by it is the hardest part for me. The kids are our future and it is our duty to educate and inspire them early so they can make the right decisions later to lessen the street crime mentality."Todd Gurley
“This cause empowers me to use my platform to raise awareness of the work that Shriners is doing, as well as light for Shriners patients. These kids are here fighting day in and day out and it brings me joy knowing that I can put a smile on their faces.”CJ Prosise
“Sawhorse Revolution is a small organization doing great things for the homeless. I was impressed by their mission and the work they are doing to provide tiny homes to homeless families in the community."Ndamukong Suh
“Education is the key to life. This cause empowers me to encourage others.”Jaelen Strong
“Growing up in Philadelphia, there were plenty of children that were less fortunate than others. Now that I have this platform, I want to be able to raise awareness for the kids that are in a tough spot so that their lives may become a little easier, especially during the holiday season.”Geno Smith
“I wanted to get involved with the United Way of Miami-Dade because they are on the group in the impacted areas to bring relief and recovery to victims of Hurricane Irma. I’m also from and still have family in the Miami area so it’s important that I support my community.”Ronnie Stanley
“There are over 6 million pets in animal shelters nationwide that need a home. And for every animal that’s instead purchased from a breeder or a pet shop, a potential home is taken away from a homeless dog or cat that could have been adopted from one of those animal shelters, effectively lessening their chances of survival. When I went to Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) I sought out one of their older dogs, Lola, that had been there awhile and probably wasn’t going to get adopted. Just like I got drafted by the Ravens, I wanted Lola to have that same feeling of being wanted when I adopted her."Melvin Ingram
“I grew up in a single parent household, and I want kids who are in the same situation to know, believe in yourself and never give up.”
Victor Cruz had 3 receptions for 70 yards in yesterday’s game. Watch highlights from his 37 yard reception here.
In yesterday’s game Ndamukong Suh made 1.5 sacks and 5 tackles.
Todd Gurley ran for 85 yards in yesterday's game & scored 2 touchdowns. Watch highlights here.
Watch highlights from Dez Bryant's touchdown in last night’s game here.
Ndamukong Suh set a new career high with 12 tackles in yesterday's game.
Dez Bryant had 7 receptions for 102 yards in yesterday's game.
Victor Cruz had 4 receptions for 91 yard yesterday including a 34 yard reception to set up the game-winning field goal
Victor Cruz had 4 receptions for 34 yards and got his first touchdown of the season in yesterday's game. Watch highlights here.
Ndamukong Suh started the season with 4 tackles and 1 sack in yesterday's game
Skylar Diggins had 22 points & 7 rebounds in last night's game. Watch the highlights here.
Yoenis Cespedes crushed his second grand slam of the season in yesterday's game. Watch the highlights here.
Watch Ndamukong Suh’s sack in yesterday’s game. Suh put up a strong defense with 7 tackles, 1 assisted tackle and 1 sack.
Watch Todd Gurley’s monster hurdle in yesterday’s game. Gurley also scored a touchdown in the first quarter of the game.
Watch Todd Gurley score his first two NFL touchdowns in yesterday’s game. Gurley had 19 total carries for 128 yards.
Watch Ndamukong Suh's first sack in yesterday’s game. Suh totaled 2 sacks and 6 tackles.