HOMETOWN: Redlands, CA
DATE OF BIRTH: April 3, 1995
TEAM: Milwaukee Brewers Minor League System
OFF THE FIELD HIGHLIGHTS:
• Rusney Castillo led the Pawtucket Red Sox in batting (.314), doubles (22) and stolen bases (14).
• Mike Shawaryn finished 9th among all players in minor league baseball with 169 strikeouts. He went 8-7 with a 3.81 ERA in 134 innings at Greenville (A) and Salem (High-A).
• Jason Martin hit .278 with 18 home runs and 35 doubles in 125 games between Class A and AA.
• Marcus Wilson batted .295 with 21 doubles, 9 homers and 54 RBI with Class A Kane County, ranking in the top three on the team in each of those catecories.
• Catcher Jacob Nottingham had 21 doubles and 9 home runs for Class AA Biloxi, and was promoted to Class AAA Colorado Springs for the playoffs.
• Dustin Peterson hit 17 doubles and had 78 hits in 87 games with the AAA Gwinnett Braves.
• D.J. Peterson hit 16 home runs with 63 RBI playing with the AAA affiliates of the Seattle Mariners and Chicago White Sox.
• After being promoted to High-A Bradenton in July Stephen Alemais batted .317 with 32 hits and 20 RBI in 30 games.
• Josh Morgan hit .270 with 30 extra base hits for High-A Down East, finishing strong by batting .375 over the final 14 games of the season.
• Jacob Nottingham has hit four home runs in the last six games
• Rusney Castillo is batting .364 with three doubles and two homers in his current 8-game hitting streak
• Mike Shawaryn has a 2.25 ERA and 22 K’s in 20 innings over his last three starts
• Jason Martin is 6-for-15 (.400) with three doubles and a home run over the last four games
• Marcus Wilson has reached base safely in 20 straight games, batting .356 in that stretch
• Stephen Alemais is batting .365 with five extra-base hits and 10 RBI in the last 13 games
Jacob Nottingham was named the Brewers’ minor league Player of the Month in June after batting .317 with a .391 OBP and a .533 SLG in 18 games.
Mike Shawaryn is 3-0 with a 0.53 ERA in his last three starts with the Salem Red Sox. His 109 strikeouts in 2017 rank 6th among all players in minor league baseball.
Rusney Castillo was named to the AAA All Star Game. He’s hitting .305 with 9 HR, 17 2B, 28 RBI and 13 SB in 2017.
Dustin Peterson is on a current 5-game hitting streak, batting .400 in that stretch.[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="https://rocnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Dustin-Peterson.mp4"][/video] DJ Peterson has 10 hits in his last 21 at bats (.476), including 2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 home run.
Dominic Smith has hit safely in 21 of the last 22 games, posting a .365 average with 4 HR and 17 RBI.
Marcus Wilson leads class A Kane County in home runs (8), slugging (.485) and OPS (.879).
Josh Morgan is 4-for-10 with two doubles and a home run since coming off the disabled list on July 3rd.
Rusney Castillo has reached base safely in 19 straight games, batting .420 with a .468 OBP in that stretch
Dominic Smith has a current 15-game hitting streak in which he’s batting .370
Jason Martin is batting .333 with 4 HR and 12 RBI in 22 games since being promoted to AA[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="https://rocnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/jmart.mp4"][/video]
Jacob Nottingham is batting .375 with 2 HR and 3 doubles in his last 10 games
Mike Shawaryn picked up his first win since being promoted to to High-A, allowing 1 ER in 6 IP in a 6-1 win over Wilmington on 6/25
Marcus Wilson continues to lead Class-A Kane County in HR (8), RBI (37) and runs (36)