HOMETOWN: Gilbert, AZ
DATE OF BIRTH: December 31, 1991
COLLEGE: University of New Mexico
POSITION: First Baseman / Third Baseman
TEAM: Chicago White Sox
- On Jan 3, 2019, Peterson signed with the Chicago White Sox
- In his 2017 season with the AAA Tacoma Rainiers and the Charlotte Knights, D.J. hit 16 homeruns with 63 RBI’s and 56 runs scored in 128 total games
- In the 2016 seasib, Peterson hit 19 home runs and had 78 RBI’s between AA and AAA
- Peterson hit .297 with 31 home runs and 111 RBI between AA and High-A in 2014, and participated in the 2014 Futures Game
- Peterson was drafted 12th overall by the Seattle Mariners in the first round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft
- Peterson played collegiately at the University of New Mexico where he earned First-Team Louisville Slugger All-America honors. Peterson was the Mountain West Co-Player of the Year and a first team All-American in 2013 (for the second year in a row). He was the highest MLB Draft pick in the school’s history
- MILB Organization All Star (2013, 2014, 2016)
- MLB Futures Game (2014)
- Northwest League All Star (2013)
OFF THE FIELD HIGHLIGHTS:
- Peterson is the older brother of Atlanta Braves prospect Dustin Peterson
- In December 2017, the Peterson Brothers hosted a holiday party featuring pizza, a dessert bar, music and gift bags for 50 boys from the Brothers & Keepers group home
- In his free time, Peterson enjoys playing golf
- J. Peterson heads the list of Mariners’ minor league award winners – The Seattle Times
- 2013 MLB Draft Video: Watch D.J. Peterson and Family’s Reaction with 12th Pick – Bleacher Report
- DJ Peterson has big-time MLB ambitions – USA Today
• Rusney Castillo led the Pawtucket Red Sox in batting (.314), doubles (22) and stolen bases (14).
• Mike Shawaryn finished 9th among all players in minor league baseball with 169 strikeouts. He went 8-7 with a 3.81 ERA in 134 innings at Greenville (A) and Salem (High-A).
• Jason Martin hit .278 with 18 home runs and 35 doubles in 125 games between Class A and AA.
• Marcus Wilson batted .295 with 21 doubles, 9 homers and 54 RBI with Class A Kane County, ranking in the top three on the team in each of those catecories.
• Catcher Jacob Nottingham had 21 doubles and 9 home runs for Class AA Biloxi, and was promoted to Class AAA Colorado Springs for the playoffs.
• Dustin Peterson hit 17 doubles and had 78 hits in 87 games with the AAA Gwinnett Braves.
• D.J. Peterson hit 16 home runs with 63 RBI playing with the AAA affiliates of the Seattle Mariners and Chicago White Sox.
• After being promoted to High-A Bradenton in July Stephen Alemais batted .317 with 32 hits and 20 RBI in 30 games.
• Josh Morgan hit .270 with 30 extra base hits for High-A Down East, finishing strong by batting .375 over the final 14 games of the season.
Josh Morgan is batting .370 during his current 7-game hitting streak
Over his last two starts, Mike Shawaryn has a 3.00 ERA while recording 13 strikeouts in 12 innings
DJ Peterson has reached base safely in 12 of 15 games during the month of August
In his last 9 games, Stephen Alemais is batting .382 with 10 RBI
Marcus Wilson has reached base safely in 15 straight games, posting a .370 average and a .460 OBP in that stretch
Jason Martin is 4-for-8 over the last two games with a home run and four RBI. He’s batting .323 in August.Dominic Smith makes his MLB debut tonight with the Mets in Philadelphia. Prior to being called up, he was batting .330 with 16 HR and a PCL best 34 doubles in 114 games with AAA Las Vegas Rusney Castillo has hit safely in 16 of the last 18 games and is batting .333 since the All Star break Josh Morgan has 7 hits in his last 14 at bats and is batting .364 during the month of August D.J. Peterson has hit safely in each of his first three games since joining the White Sox’s AAA affiliate in Charlotte this week. Stephen Alemais is batting .340 with two doubles and 10 RBI in 14 games since joining High-A Bradenton.
Roc Nation Sports Farm Report: 7/28
Dominic Smith ranks 1st among all Mets’ minor league players in batting average (.337), hits (139), doubles (30), RBI (68) and runs (72)
Stephen Alemais is batting .556 (10-for-18) in 6 games with High-A Bradenton
Jason Martin has 11 extra base hits in the last 13 games, posting a 1.131 OPS in that stretch
DJ Peterson has reached base safely in 8 of the last 9 games, batting .333 with 3 doubles and a home run
Dustin Peterson is batting.319 during the month of July
Marcus Wilson leads Class-A Kane County in home runs (9) and OPS (.869), and ranks second in RBI (42)
Roc Nation Sports Farm Report: 7/14
Rusney Castillo started in CF for the International League in the Triple-A All Star game and had two hits, a RBI and a stolen base
Dustin Peterson is batting .472 (17-for-36) in the month of July
DJ Peterson is hitting .364 with a homer and 3 doubles over his last nine games
Mike Shawaryn is 3-0 with a 0.76 ERA and has 26 strikeouts in 23.2 innings in his last four starts,
Dominic Smith has hit safely in 25 of the last 26 games, batting .373 with 5 HR and 8 doubles in that stretch
Josh Morgan is batting .333 in his last 10 games, with four multi-hit games in that span
Marcus Wilson has a current 5-game hitting streak
Jacob Nottingham was named the Brewers’ minor league Player of the Month in June after batting .317 with a .391 OBP and a .533 SLG in 18 games.
Mike Shawaryn is 3-0 with a 0.53 ERA in his last three starts with the Salem Red Sox. His 109 strikeouts in 2017 rank 6th among all players in minor league baseball.
Rusney Castillo was named to the AAA All Star Game. He’s hitting .305 with 9 HR, 17 2B, 28 RBI and 13 SB in 2017.
Dustin Peterson is on a current 5-game hitting streak, batting .400 in that stretch.[video width="1280" height="720" mp4="https://rocnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Dustin-Peterson.mp4"][/video] DJ Peterson has 10 hits in his last 21 at bats (.476), including 2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 home run.
Dominic Smith has hit safely in 21 of the last 22 games, posting a .365 average with 4 HR and 17 RBI.
Marcus Wilson leads class A Kane County in home runs (8), slugging (.485) and OPS (.879).
Josh Morgan is 4-for-10 with two doubles and a home run since coming off the disabled list on July 3rd.