HOMETOWN: Corona, CA
DATE OF BIRTH: September 5, 1995
TEAM: Pittsburgh Pirates Minor League System
OFF THE FIELD HIGHLIGHTS:
• Rusney Castillo led the Pawtucket Red Sox in batting (.314), doubles (22) and stolen bases (14).
• Mike Shawaryn finished 9th among all players in minor league baseball with 169 strikeouts. He went 8-7 with a 3.81 ERA in 134 innings at Greenville (A) and Salem (High-A).
• Jason Martin hit .278 with 18 home runs and 35 doubles in 125 games between Class A and AA.
• Marcus Wilson batted .295 with 21 doubles, 9 homers and 54 RBI with Class A Kane County, ranking in the top three on the team in each of those catecories.
• Catcher Jacob Nottingham had 21 doubles and 9 home runs for Class AA Biloxi, and was promoted to Class AAA Colorado Springs for the playoffs.
• Dustin Peterson hit 17 doubles and had 78 hits in 87 games with the AAA Gwinnett Braves.
• D.J. Peterson hit 16 home runs with 63 RBI playing with the AAA affiliates of the Seattle Mariners and Chicago White Sox.
• After being promoted to High-A Bradenton in July Stephen Alemais batted .317 with 32 hits and 20 RBI in 30 games.
• Josh Morgan hit .270 with 30 extra base hits for High-A Down East, finishing strong by batting .375 over the final 14 games of the season.
• Jacob Nottingham has hit four home runs in the last six games
• Rusney Castillo is batting .364 with three doubles and two homers in his current 8-game hitting streak
• Mike Shawaryn has a 2.25 ERA and 22 K’s in 20 innings over his last three starts
• Jason Martin is 6-for-15 (.400) with three doubles and a home run over the last four games
• Marcus Wilson has reached base safely in 20 straight games, batting .356 in that stretch
• Stephen Alemais is batting .365 with five extra-base hits and 10 RBI in the last 13 games
Jason Martin is 4-for-8 over the last two games with a home run and four RBI. He’s batting .323 in August.Dominic Smith makes his MLB debut tonight with the Mets in Philadelphia. Prior to being called up, he was batting .330 with 16 HR and a PCL best 34 doubles in 114 games with AAA Las Vegas Rusney Castillo has hit safely in 16 of the last 18 games and is batting .333 since the All Star break Josh Morgan has 7 hits in his last 14 at bats and is batting .364 during the month of August D.J. Peterson has hit safely in each of his first three games since joining the White Sox’s AAA affiliate in Charlotte this week. Stephen Alemais is batting .340 with two doubles and 10 RBI in 14 games since joining High-A Bradenton.